How-Tuesday 16: how to make your mark

I succumbed last week.  Not only to the evil lurgy, which is even now still with me a bit, hanging about like a bad fridge smell.  But also to the purchase on Amazon of two books which have been in my basket for weeks and weeks.  And weeks.

The first is Veggiestan by Sally Butcher, a wonderful cook book which I know will get used over and over.

The second is Print Workshop by Christine Schmidt, strapline 'hand-printing techniques + truly outstanding projects'.  It does what it says on the tin!

Want to know how to make a repeating graphic pattern using only a string-wrapped block and some fabric paint?  How to cut and wield potato stamps so that the resulting patterns look more Lucienne Day and less 'let loose in a day nursery'? How to make your own silk-screen press from household/high street objects?  How to use ink-jet transfer paper to make quirky and funny cushions? That's a quadruple yes from me!

For someone who enjoys fabric and letterpress as much as I do, this is a natural progression.  I'll share my results with you all soon, if not too embarrassing and splodgy...

Do you like printing? Do you already make your own fabrics?  Do share!

S x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mending is the new new.... again