How-Tuesday 13: how to join in


Hi there

I'm not a natural joiner-inner.  I'm always in the kitchen at parties, I only ever got two Brownie badges, I got picked for the school netball team and turned them down - you get the picture.

But a sew-along that you can do in the privacy of your own home, that kind of joining I can handle!


The one I have picked is Pyjama Party Sew-Along hosted by the ever-lovely Karen at Did You Make That.

Here's how, it's very simple:

  1. Read and comment on her original Pyjama Party post to say that you're in
  2. Buy a pattern (Karen's recommending Simplicity 2721 but I struggled to find that so have gone for Simplicity 9330, which has the benefit of having sizes for all the family, plus dressing gowns and tops!) or use one you already have, or measure round existing jamas to make your own pattern (see my earlier pyjama-related post on this very topic - how very synchronous!)
  3. Choose a fabric from your stash or buy something new - Karen has a well-considered post about the pros and cons of various fabrics.
  4. Make the pyjamas and submit an image in time for a big reveal on Saturday 28 April 2012.
  5. That's it!
Are you a good joiner?  Do you fancy a punt at this? Do say yes and join the 100+ already coming along.

Hope to see you there!

S x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mending is the new new.... again

Junior Joy of Sew totally nails her project